Pork Roast and Pinto Beans
|Pork roast||3 Pound|
|Dry pinto beans||1 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green chilies||4 Ounce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or As Required)|
1) In a slow cooker, soak the beans in water overnight.
2) Remove the beans and reserve the soaking water.
3) Place the roast in the bottom of the cooker.
4) Add in garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder, green chilies , beans and their soaking water. You may add more water if needed to cover the ingredients.
5) the slow cooker with the lid and cook on LOW for 6 hours or one HIGH for 1 hour.
6) Once cooked, using a slotted spoon take away the roast and place it in a large bowl.
7) Using two forks, shred the roast thinly.
8) Put it back to the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 1 hour further.
9) Place the roast on top of a bed of lettuce.
10) Sprinkle grated cheese and chopped onions and tomatoes and serve.
Calories 796 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.8%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.1 mg53.7%
Sodium 1176 mg49%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.8 g59.3%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 58 g115.2%
Vitamin A 37.9% Vitamin C 95.3%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 50.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet