1) Cut the rind away and tightly roll the rashers.
2) Put the rashers on the base of a buttered cassrole which is just big enough to keep them rolled tightly.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 335 degrees.
4) In a pan placed over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and very gradually stir in the stock as well. Beat well at all times to make a smooth sauce. Add the pickles and tomato puree.
5) Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring well, and add salt and pepper to season. Pour the mixture all over the rashers.
6) Cover the casserole with a lif and put it in the center of the preheated oven. Cook for 60 minutes.
7) Serve the rolled rashers hot with the sauce spooned over them. Serve Brussels sprouts and creamed potatoes on the side.