Sweet and Sour Pork
|Soya beans/Dry roasted peanuts||3 Tablespoon, roasted|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Ground white pepper||1 Pinch|
|Dried chilies||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Pineapple juice||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Pineapple juice||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon, squeezed|
|Pork loin chops/Steaks||2|
|Groundnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine/Dry sherry||1 Dash|
|Ground white pepper||To Taste|
1. Into a grinder add all the ingredients for the pork coating and whizz such that they are coarsely ground or using a pestle and mortar grind it.
2. Place in to a bowl and set aside.
3. For making the sauce, blend all sauce ingredients into a puree in a food processor or blender. Keep aside.
4. Onto a board, sprinkle the pork coating, thereafter pressing the pork into the spice mix, pressing down such that the mix sticks to the meat, coating well on both sides.
5. Place a wok or pan over a high heat, and heat the groundnut oil.
6. Arrange the pork and cook 2 minutes on each side until lightely browned.
7. Remove the pork onto a warm platter.
8. Into the wok add in the sauce ingredients simmer for 1-2 minutes until thick.
9. Add seasoning along with light soy sauce, rice wine or sherry and stir well.
10. Pour the sauce over the pork
11. Serve with salad or rice.