Pan Cooked Pork Medaillons With Apples And Cider
|Lean pork medallions||14 Ounce (8 Medallions, About 50 Gram /1 3/4 Ounce Each)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely sliced|
|Superfine caster sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry cider||5 Fluid Ounce (Hard, 150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Fresh chicken stock/Fresh vegetable stock||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup, Unsweetened)|
|Red skinned apples||1|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh sage leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Cooked vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh, For Serving)|
1. Discard the string from the pork and trim away any excess fat. Re-tie with clean string and set aside until required.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan (skillet) and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add the sugar and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden.
3. Add the pork to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side until browned. Add the sage, cider and stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, core and cut each apple into 8 wedges. Toss the apple wedges in lemon juice so that they do not turn brown.
5. Add the apples to the pork and mix gently. Season and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
6. Remove the string from the pork and serve immediately, garnished with fresh sage and accompanied with freshly cooked vegetables.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1168 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.4 mg87.8%
Sodium 904.1 mg37.7%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 22 g87.9%
Sugars 69.3 g
Protein 96 g192.8%
Vitamin A 178.5% Vitamin C 137.5%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet