Fruity Pork Skewers
|Pork boneless steak||4|
|Prunes||8 (Ready To Eat)|
|Dried apricots||8 (Ready To Eat)|
|Orange slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Lemon slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Orange juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground bay leaves||1 Teaspoon|
1. Trim the visible fat from the pork and cut the meat into evenly-sized chunks.
2. Place the pork in a shallow, non-metallic dish and add the prunes and apricots.
3. To make the marinade, mix together the orange juice, oil, bay leaves and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
4. Pour the marinade over the pork and fruit and toss until well coated. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight.
5. Soak 4 wooden skewers in cold water to prevent them from catching a light on the barbecue (grill).
6. Remove the pork and fruit from the marinade, using a perforated spoon, reserving the marinade for basting. Thread the pork and fruit on to the skewers, alternating with the bay leaves.
7. Barbecue (grill) the skewers on an oiled rack over medium hot coals for 10-15 minutes, turning and frequently basting with the reserved marinade, or until the pork is cooked through.
8. Transfer the pork and fruit skewers to warm serving plates. Garnish with slices of orange and lemon and serve hot.