Tabouleh Stuffed Pork Chops
|Pork rib chops||4 , cut to 1 1/2 inches thick, trimmed of fat|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Bulgur||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shredded carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 , chopped|
|Chopped fresh mint/1/4 teaspoon dried mint||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Using a sharp knife, insert a pocket on the rib side of the chops, without making a hole on the other side.
3. Take a small saucepan, add water and salt and bring the mixture to boil. Add bulgur and stir well. Cover, lower the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Stir in carrot, cover and continue to cook for 10 minutes for carrots to turn tender and water is completely absorbed.
5. Take off from heat, add green onions, parsley, butter, lemon juice, mint and seasonings and stir well.
6. Add 1/2 cup of stuffing mixture in the pocket of each of the chops, add to hot oil in a skillet and allow to turn brown on both sides.
7. Transfer to a baking dish and bake covered for 1 hour.
8. Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1878 Calories from Fat 1067
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.5%
Saturated Fat 38.1 g190.6%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 431.3 mg143.8%
Sodium 1913.2 mg79.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.3%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 148 g295.7%
Vitamin A 310.2% Vitamin C 66.1%
Calcium 27.6% Iron 41.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet