Pork Chops With Juniper
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Pork chops||32 Ounce (4 Pieces, 4 Ounce / 225 Gram Each)|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Juniper berries||8 , roughly crushed|
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce, skinned and roughly chopped (225 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Chopped fresh thyme||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
1) Arrange all the ingredients and utensils, to be used in cooking.
2) In a deep-frying pan with cover, heat the oil.
3) Fry the pork chops on high heat and brwon them from both the sides.
4) Remove the chops from the pan and keep them warm.
5) Again in the pan, add shallots amd fry for 2 minutes over low heat.
6) Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
7) Put juniper berries and tomatoes and cook for further 2-3 minutes while stirring.
8) Pour gin and vodka and boil over high heat until liquid reduced to half.
9) Add stock and thyme.
10) Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
11) In the pan, return the pork chops.
12) Cover the pan and cook for 15-20 minutes over low heat untill chops are fully cooked.
13) Add extra stock if needed.
14) Serve hot as a main dish.