Anna's Roast Loin Of Pork
|Loin pork||5 Pound|
|Boiling water||3 Quart|
|White vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Currant jelly/Apricot / guava jam||4 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Wipe pork with damp paper towels. Sprinkle all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
2. Pour boiling water and vinegar into an oval Dutch oven (about 8-quart size). (Or use a heavy kettle, large enough for roast and liquid to almost cover, with a tight-fitting lid.) Place pork, fat side down, in liquid. Bring to boiling; reduce heat, and simmer, covered, very gently (liquid should barely bubble) 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F.
4. Remove pork to shallow baking pan; stand upright, resting on bones. Sprinkle surface with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
5. Bake 20 minutes, basting every 5 minutes with vinegar mixture. Brush surface with melted jelly. Bake 10 minutes longer, until shiny and glazed.
7. Remove roast to heated platter. Garnish and serve.