Spiced Pressed Pork
|Lean pork belly||3 Pound, frozen, thawed and boned|
|Corn oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) With a sharp knife, cut the rind of the pork.
2) In a dish, combine the rest of the ingredients.
3) In the dish, add the pork and allow to stand in the marinade for 3 hours at room temp.
4) Keep turning the meat frequently.
5) Drain the pork and place on an absorbent paper to dry.
6) In a loose parcel of foil, wrap the pork.
7) In a roasting tin, place the parcel.
8) In the oven, cook at 350 degrees F for 2 hours.
9) Take two plates and place the meat without foil in between them.
10) Place heavy weight on the top and leave for cooling.
11) Make thick slices of meat and serve as desired.