Braised Pork Leg
|Pork leg||2 Pound|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Chicken stock||3 Liter|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||30 Gram, sliced|
|White pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|White cabbage||10 , blanched|
|White pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a large pan of water, simmer the pork leg for 30 minutes.
2) Drain, pat dry and rub the skin with 1 tablespoon of the light soy sauce.
3) Set aside in order to dry completely.
4) In a wok, heat some oil, and put in the pork leg to fry over very high heat, until it turns brown.
5) Remove, drain and put pork leg in a large bowl of cold water for 10 minutes.
6) Combine all the stock of remaining tablespoon of light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, ginger and pepper.
7) Add the pork leg and simmer over very low heat for about 2 hours, until the pork leg turns tender.
8) Next, remove the bone from the centre of the pork
9) On a plate, place the meat.
10) Heat 1/2 cup of the pork stock and thicken with cornflour, to pour over the pork.
11) In a wok, heat some oil and add all the garnish of vegetable.
12) Add the drained, blanched cabbage, salt, pepper and sesame oil and stir fry for about 30 seconds.
13) Place cabbage around the pork leg and serve immediately.