Sweet And Sour Pork With Raisins
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Boneless pork||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed of fat and cut into 3/4 inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned pineapple chunks||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Carrots||3 Medium, cut into 2 inch strips|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a bowl beat together egg, flour, salt, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and 1/4 cup chicken broth.
2) Dip pork cubes in batter and coat well.
3) Heat oil (375°) and deep fry for 5 to 6 minutes until golden brown.
4) Strain from oil and keep aside.
5) Drain pineapple and reserve the juice.
6) In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil and fry green pepper, garlic, carrots, and pineapple.
7) Stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
8) Mix pineapple juice and add remaining chicken broth, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce. Boil 1 minute.
9) Gradually add 2 tablespoons cold water to 1 tablespoon cornstarch and stir.
10) Stir vegetable mixture and cook till thick. Mix pork.
11) Serve sweet and sour pork over rice.