Pig's Head Brawn
|Pigs head||1⁄2 , cut into pieces|
|Onions||2 , quartered|
|Carrot||1 Large, scraped|
|Watercress||1 (For Garnish)|
1) Take a large bowl, put the head and trotters along with lots of salt.
2) Pour cold water and keep aside for a night.
3) Drain water and keep in a large saucepan.
4) Soak in water and boil. Remove the foam.
5) Add onions, carrot, bay leaves, peppercorns and cloves. Cook covered in simmering heat for 2 1/2 hours till the vegetables are soft.
6) Separate the skin and bones from head and trotters.
7) Cut the meat nicely. Discard skin and keep aside.
8) Put the bones back in the pan with 1 teaspoon salt. Keep boiling till only 2 1/2 cups of the liquid remains.
9) Strain and cool.
10) Add chopped parsley with the meat.
11) Sieve fat from the cooking liquid and pour it on meat.
12) Adjust seasoning.
13) Put it in deep bowl. Leave aside.
14) Garnish with tomato slices and watercress.
Freeze the content till it turns solid. Dip in hot water to take off mould . Seal in polythene bag and store in freezer. To serve, shift the content in a dish and thaw at room temperature overnight or keep in the refrigerator for 24 hours.