Classic Oven Barbecued Ribs
|Bacon slices||3 , cut into small pieces|
|Minced green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Catsup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed dark brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Hot pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baby back ribs||6 Pound (In Slabs)|
|Liquid mesquite smoke||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Take a heavy saucepan, fry bacon. Keep aside just 3 tbsp drippings and discard the rest. Stir in garlic and onion to the pan having bacon and sauté for 3 minutes. Mix in rest of the sauce ingredients and stirring intermittently, simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning if desired.
3. Take off from heat and keep aside.
4. Add water to a steamer pan and bring to boil. Arrange rib slacks on to the rack, cover the steamer and allow to steam for 10 minutes. Take out the ribs.
5. Place the roasting rack in the roasting pan lined with aluminum foil. Arrange the ribs on the rack. Apply sauce liberally to ribs and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes. Brush with sauce after each 20 minutes.
6. Serve as slabs or cut into individual ribs and serve.