Sweet And Sour Pork Loin
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce, drained and juice reserved (1 Can)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pork boneless loin||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into 1/4 inch strips|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a microwavable casserole or bowl, dissolve cornstarch in soy sauce.
2. Measure pineapple juice and add water if required, to make 1 cup liquid.
3. Stir juice into cornstarch and blend well.
4. Add sugar, salt, ginger, pepper and vinegar to the sauce and stir until dissolved.
5. Microwave sauce at HIGH for 5 to 6 minutes stirring once until it is thick.
6. Add remaining ingredients to the sauce and stir to mix well.
7. Reduce microwave power to 7.
8. Return bowl to microwave and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring after every 5 minutes until pork is tender.
9. Serve the pork and sauce over hot steamed rice.