Prune And Apricot Stuffed Pork Roast
|Dried apricots||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Pitted prunes||8 , snipped|
|Finely shredded orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Apricot brandy||3 Tablespoon|
|Boneless pork center cut loin roast||5 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Coarsely cracked pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Basil sprigs||2 (Purple)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Take a medium bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the apricots, the prunes, and orange peel.
3. Take a 2-cup measure, mix hot water and apricot brandy in it.
4. Drizzle the mixture on the fruit mixture and allow it to stay for 1-2 hours.
5. Once done, strain and keep the liquid aside.
6. Butterfly the roast by cutting it lengthwise beneath the center of meat, slicing it within ½ inch on the other side.
7. Open the meat and layer the prune and apricot mixture on the cut portions.
8. Fold the sides again and tie with strings.
9. Mix salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the coarsely cracked pepper, ginger, dry mustard, and red pepper and apply it on the roast skin.
10. Take a low roasting pan and put the meat on it.
11. Introduce a thermometer and bake for 10 minutes.
12. Reduce the temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 11/2 – 2 hours or till the time mercury rises to 160 degrees.
13. Once done, cover the roast and keep it warm.
14. Take a 1 quart saucepan, mix water, flour, and any drippings from roast.
15. Put sugar and the liquid of fruits.
16. Boil and lower the flame.
17. Once done, allow to cool and mix for 1- 2 minutes until thick.
18. Put ½ cup snipped apricots and ½ teaspoon cracked pepper.
19. Slice and serve tossed with sauce and garnished with basil sprigs.