Savory Pork Roast With Apple Stuffing
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Dried rosemary||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Rubbed sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red apples||2 Medium, chopped to make 2 cups|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Boneless rolled pork loin roast||3 Pound (1 Piece)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic, herbs and seasoning.
3. Reserving ½ teaspoon of the herb seasoning, rub the remaining seasoning on the pork roast. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine apples, onion, celery, apple juice butter and reserved seasoning mix.
5. Toss lightly to mix well.
6. Spread this stuffing mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish or a roasting pan.
7. Place seasoned pork roast, fat side up, over stuffing.
8. Cover casserole with lid or pan with foil.
9. Place in the preheated oven and bake pork for 1 1/2 hours.
10. Uncover the roast and continue baking for another 30 minutes until meat is tender.
11. Check for doneness using a meat thermometer or metal skewer. The thermometer should read 155°F to 165°F when inserted in the thickest part of the meat. Metal skewer should be hot when tested against your palm.
12. Remove roast from oven. Cover and stand for 10 minutes.
13. Carve meat using a steak knife or carving knife.
14. Arrange on a platter along with stuffing.