Fruited Sweet Sour Pork
|Pork/2 1/2 pound pork shoulder, boned||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced in thin strips|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Russian dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, sliced thin|
|Thinly sliced onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Take a pan and heat it to 350 degrees F.
2) Melt the margarine or butter in it.
3) Add the pork to sauté it for 2-3 minutes or until it is brown in color.
4) Drain the pineapple and retain ¾ of the syrup.
5) Take a bowl and mix the Russian dressing, cornstarch, water, vinegar, soy sauce and salt to it.
6) Pour it over the pork and thicken it by stirring.
7) Place cover.
8) Reduce heat to 225° and continue to simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is soft and can be flaked with fork.
9) Add the onion, pineapple tidbits and green pepper to it.
10) Place cover and cook again for 5 minutes.
11) Serve as required.