Fruited Sweet Sour Pork
|Pork/2 1/2 pound pork shoulder, boned||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced in thin strips|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Russian dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, sliced thin|
|Thinly sliced onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Take a pan and heat it to 350 degrees F.
2) Melt the margarine or butter in it.
3) Add the pork to sauté it for 2-3 minutes or until it is brown in color.
4) Drain the pineapple and retain ¾ of the syrup.
5) Take a bowl and mix the Russian dressing, cornstarch, water, vinegar, soy sauce and salt to it.
6) Pour it over the pork and thicken it by stirring.
7) Place cover.
8) Reduce heat to 225° and continue to simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is soft and can be flaked with fork.
9) Add the onion, pineapple tidbits and green pepper to it.
10) Place cover and cook again for 5 minutes.
11) Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2189 Calories from Fat 463
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.1%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 513.5 mg171.2%
Sodium 2747.7 mg114.5%
Total Carbohydrates 256 g85.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.8%
Sugars 97.3 g
Protein 161 g322%
Vitamin A 26.1% Vitamin C 207.9%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 79.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet