Barbecue Style Pork Ribs
|Spice seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot smoked paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|English mustard powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Basting sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||200 Milliliter|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Black treacle||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||100 Milliliter|
|Ground white pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
1. In a large Duch oven or casserole, cover the ribs water and add salt.
2. Place on a medium flame and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the ribs and pat dry with kitchen paper.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180 degree C or prepare the barbecue grill by lighting the coals.
5. If roasting in the oven, line a baking tray with foil.
6. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the spice seasoning.
7. Rub the ribs with this seasoning in the roasting pan.
8. In a saucepan, combine ingredients for the sauce.
9. Heat on a low flame, stirring until the treacle melts and all ingredients are well blended.
10. Pour the sauce over the ribs in the roasting pan and turn the ribs to coat them evenly with the sauce.
11. Place the pan in the oven and roast for 40 to 45 minutes, basting them with the sauce in the pan, every 15 minutes or barbecue the ribs on a grill for 30 to 35 minutes, turning and brushing them with the sauce every 10 minutes.
12. The pork should be tender and the sauce thick and charred in places.
13. Heat and reduce the remaining sauce until thick, dark and hot.
14. Serve hot.