Fragrant Pork and Rice One Pot
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Long grain rice||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (850 Milliliter)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Can)|
1) Remove the sausage skins and take out the meat.
2) Make small balls about the size of a large olive with the sausage meat.
3) In a large non-stick saucepan, heat the oil.
4) Sauté the meatballs well until they are browned and cooked. You might need to do this in batches. Remove and set aside the meatballs.
4) In the same pan add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 5 mins till they soften. Then add the spices and rice and sauté 1 min more.
5) Tip in the stock and tomatoes into the pan. Let it simmer and stir at regular intervals. Scuff up any sausage bits sticking to the bottom of the pan.
6)Let the rice simmer for 10mins till it is just cooked.
7) Add the meatballs with some seasoning in the last couple of minutes. Stir and remove from heat.
8) Divide the pork and rice into bowls. Sprinkler the coriander and serve with warm crusty bread