Pork Steak is a variation of Bistek Tagalog. The procedure and some ingredients are almost the same; the only difference is the use of pork chops or any pork slices for that matter. Although I used pork chops in this recipe, you can use any part of the pork if you desire as long as they are sliced properly. The reason why I used pork chops is because I like the taste of fats better for this recipe. The fats add more flavor to the dish.
Lime/1 piece lemon
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Medium, sliced
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
Granulated white sugar
1. Combine pork chops, soy sauce, and lime juice in a large bowl or container. Marinade for at least 1 hour.
2. Heat a pan then pour-in cooking oil.
3. Pan-fry the marinated pork chops in medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side.
4. Remove excess oil. Pour-in the remaining marinade and water and let boil. Simmer for 45 minutes or until the pork is tender. Note: Add water as needed.
5. Add-in the sugar, salt, and pepper then stir.
6. Put-in the onions and cook for 3 minutes more.
7. Turn-off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
8. Serve. Share and enjoy!
This video is a creation of panlasangpinoy. You can visit panlasangpinoy for complete recipes, and more videos.