Roasted Pork Chops with Savory White Bean Hash
|For the pork and marinade:|
|Maple syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Pork chops||12 Ounce (two 6 ounce porkchops)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Fresh cracked pepper||To Taste|
|For the beans:|
|Celery stalk||1 , dice|
|Carrot||1 , dice|
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 , dice|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Pork sausage||4 Ounce|
|Canned northern beans||10 Ounce, strained and rinsed|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (chicken or vegetable stock)|
|Fresh oregano leaves||2 Tablespoon, dice|
1. For the marinade: In a bowl whisk together mape syrup, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and fresh thyme leaves.
2. Place the pork chops in a ziplock bag and pour in the marinade. Place in the cooler to marinade for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a saute pan, cook the pork sausage and then set aside.
5. In the same pan, caramelize the onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Once brown, add the sausage back into the pan.
6. Add northern beans and chicken stock and let it cook down for 10 minutes.
7. Add oregano, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Add the marinated pork into a saute pan with a teaspoon of olive oil and caramelize on both sides.
9. Pop into the oven on 375° for 12 minutes.
10. Plate the pork chops over a bed of the savory white bean hash and serve.
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 85.6 mg28.5%
Sodium 716.4 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 63% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet