Pork Braised in Milk
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless pork loin||2 Pound, rolled and tied (1 Kilogram)|
|Milk||16 Fluid Ounce (500 Milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Warm water||3 Tablespoon|
1. Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan. When butter is foaming, add pork and brown on all sides.
2. Add milk, pepper to taste and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1 1 1/2-2 hours or until pork is cooked. Brush pork occasionally with milk during cooking.
3. At end of cooking time, milk should have coagulated and browned in bottom of pan. If this has not occurred remove lid, and bring, liquid to the boil and boil until brown.
4. Remove meat from pan and set aside to cool slightly. Remove string from pork, cut into slices and arrange on a serving platter. Set aside to keep warm.
5. Remove any fat from pan, stir in water and bring to the boil, scraping residue from base of the pan. Strain and spoon pan juices over pork to serve.