Cold Roast Pork With Garlic Mayonnaise
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Leaf rosemary||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Boneless rolled pork loin roast||2 Pound|
|For garlic mayonnaise|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Of 1 Lemon)|
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to very hot (450°).
2. Combine the vegetable oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and 2 cloves of the garlic in a small bowl. Rub the mixture all over the pork loin. Place the pork in a roasting pan.
3. Place the roast in the preheated very hot oven (450°). Immediately lower the oven temperature to moderate (350°). Roast the pork for 50 to 60 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 170° on a meat thermometer. Remove the pork from the oven and let cool.
4. Prepare the Garlic Mayonnaise: Place the remaining clove of garlic, the egg yolk and lemon juice in the work bowl of a food processor or an electric blender. Cover; whirl briefly until the mixture is well blended. With the motor running, add 1/4 cup of the olive oil, drop by drop, until the mixture is thickened. Add the remaining oil in a slow, steady stream; the resulting mayonnaise should be thick and smooth. Add salt and pepper, if you wish, and more lemon juice.
5. Serve the pork, thinly sliced, cold or at room temperature with the mayonnaise.