Herb Rubbed Pork Crown with Wild Mushroom and Sausage Stuffing
|For the pork crown|
|Pork||10 Pound (Pork Crown)|
|Garlic||7 Tablespoon, mince|
|Fresh rosemary||7 Tablespoon, mince|
|Grainy dijon mustard||6 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Ounce|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the stuffing|
|Yellow onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian sausage link||3|
|Mushroom||8 Ounce, slice|
|Sourdough||4 Cup (64 tbs), toast (sourdough croutons)|
|Fresh sage||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , whisk|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the Pork: Rub the pork down with a mix of the garlic, rosemary, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place in the cooler for 20-30 minutes to absorb all the flavors..
4. For the stuffing: In a large pan add butter and sweat the onion, celery and carrots.
5. In another skillet, cook the italian sausage completely through. Once done, set aside.
6. In the italian sausage skillet, add the sliced wild mushrooms and caramelize.
7. Once the mushrooms are brown, add them to the veggies and toss.
8. In a bowl, add the sourdough croutons, italian sausage, veggies mix, sage, chicken stock, salt and pepper. In the end, add the eggs and mix well together.
9. Add the stuffing it to the center portion of the pork crown and form it around the bones.
9. Place pork crown in the oven for 90 to 120 minutes.
10. Plate and serve.
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.5 mg58.8%
Sodium 549.8 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 59 g118.1%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet