1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and cut into 1/2 inch squares
1⁄2 , mince
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, chiffonade
3 , boneless
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Grainy dijon mustard
Fresh thyme leaves
1. For the Butternut Squash Risotto: In a hot skillet, add a little olive oil and the butternut squash and caramelize.
2. In another skillet, add the minced yellow onion and caramelize. Add the arborio rice and toast for a few minutes.
3. De-glaze with some white wine.
4. Add the browned butternut squash into the arborio rice and mix together.
5. Add a ladle of chicken stock and mix continuously. Repeat until all the chicken stock is completely absorbed.
6. Finish with some parmesan cheese, butter and some chiffonade sage.
7. Adjust salt and pepper. Put a lit on the risotto and let it sit.
8. For the Roasted Pork Chops: Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
9. Heat a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and brown the pork chops on all side. Remove from skillet and let it sit.
10. Add a ladle of chicken stock into the same skillet and cook down.
11. Add maple syrup, grainy mustard, thyme leaves and adjust salt and pepper.
12. Plate the pumpkin risotto with the pork chops on the side. Drizzle the sauc