Cornbread And Pancetta Stuffed Pork Chops
|Fennel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Baby portabella mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Pancetta slices||4 , cured and spiced but not smoked|
|Cooking oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dried sage||1 Pinch|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Homemade chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|French beans||150 Gram|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pepper||To Taste, ground|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Chop the top end of the fennel and chop like an onion.
2. Chop the red onion.
3. Wipe the baby portabella mushrooms with a damp cloth, remove the stem and chop the cap.
4. Chop the pancetta.
5. In a sauté pan, heat 1 ½ tablespoon of oil.
6. Add the vegetables and pancetta; sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes.
7. In a bowl, crumble the corn muffin and add the sautéed vegetable and pancetta mixture.
8. Add a pinch of dried sage, dried thyme and a little bit of pepper and stir to mix.
9. Using a sharp fillet knife, make an incision right at the center of the side towards the bone of the pork chop; be careful not to cut through, just make a pocket inside the pork chop.
10. Put a finger inside the incision and run it through to check if the pocket is perfectly made.
11. Stuff the chop with half of the corn-vegetable mixture.
12. Do the same for the second pork chop.
13. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter.
14. When the butter is melted and foamed up, set the stuffed pork chops in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
15. Remove the chops from pan and transfer to a paper towel for draining excess butter.
16. Remove all the butter from the pan and return the chops back to the pan.
17. Add in ½ cup homemade chicken stock and 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar.
18. Cover the pan with the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
19. On a baking tray, place the French beans and add ½ cup walnuts.
20. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and drizzle a couple of tablespoons of olive oil over the beans.
21. Toss the beans with hands to coat well.
22. Place the baking tray in a toaster oven preheated to 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
23. On 2 serving plates, serve 1 pork chop in each and place the roasted beans alongside.
24. Serve hot.
This video is a creation of SolobyBonicelli. You can visit SolobyBonicelli for complete recipes, and more videos.