1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped (Black Mission Variety)
1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled
1 Teaspoon, freshly ground
5 Tablespoon (Mild Ones)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Butterfly tenderloin lengthwise and lay out flat.
2. Preheat oven at 450˚F.
3. Pound to tenderize and sprinkle the garlic, figs, seasonings and blue cheese over pork, leaving a 1/2" border around outside edges.
4. Roll up the pork and secure at 2" intervals with twine.
5. Lightly brush each tenderloin with oil and season with pepper.
6. Place 3/4 chimney full of briquettes on cooking table and place an oiled 14" camp oven over the coals to preheat.
7. Sear both tenderloins for a few minutes to seal the meat.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes (One ring of coals under the oven & two rings of coals on the lid)
9. Brush melted jam over the pork and continue to bake until a thermometer registers 155˚-160˚ and cook for 5-10 more minutes.
Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing.