Baked Pork Loin Marinated in Soy Sauce
|Pork loin roast with fat||2 Pound|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Celery ribs||1 , cut into large slices|
|Carrot||1 , cut into large slices|
|Cooking sherry/Mirin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||12 Ounce|
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger; set aside.
3. Put meat in soy marinade; roll around so completely covered w/marinade.
4. Leave roast in marinade; turn a quarter of a turn every 5 minutes for about 20 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, combine onion, celery and carrots—this mixture is called a Mirepoix.
6. Put Mirepoix in bottom of a 2 quart casserole, centered.
7. Place roast on top of vegetables, fat side up. (keep soy marinade for sauce)
8. Pour sherry in to bottom of dish; sprinkle pepper on top of roast.
9. Bake until roast’s internal temperature is 150 degrees F (about 20 to 30 minutes). If not brown enough, leave in oven under low broiler setting for a few more minutes.
10. Rest meat for about 10 minutes. While resting, make the following sauce.
1. In a small sauce pan, combine cooked Mirepoix, roast drippings, leftover soy marinade and chicken broth; bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce to simmer; remove fat off the top; cook until the sauce is 1/3 of its original volume.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour sauce over roast; serve with Chef Tee’s Pork Loin Vegetable Medley
Visit Salt & Pepper Chefs for more recipes and information!