Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes and Apples
|Apples||2 Medium, peeled and cored|
|Onion||1⁄4 , chopped|
|Sweet potatoes||3 Medium|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Bourbon||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease a baking pan with butter and set aside.
2. In a food processor with a metal blade add in the onion and chop.
3. Switch to the shredder and shred sweet potatoes and apple. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan cook bacon slices over high heat until crisp.
5. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the fat cut the bacon into pieces and set aside.
6. Season the pork chops with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
7. Place the chops onto the same bacon pan and brown from both sides.
8. Remove the chops from the pan and set aside. Drain all the fat from the pan except for one tablespoon and deglaze with bourbon.
9. Add in the sweet potato, apples and onions to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
10. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and chervil and mix well.
11. Place the vegetable mixture in a greased oven pan and arrange the pork chops on top of the mixture.
12. Sprinkle with the pieces of bacon and chopped parsley. Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes until pork chops are tender.
13. Serve pork chops onto the bed of sweet potato mixture.
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 79.9 mg26.6%
Sodium 381.4 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 326.8% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet