Skillet Pork Chops With Maple Apples
|Uncooked egg noodles||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Trimmed center cut bone in pork chops||4 , cut 1/2 inch thick, trimmed well|
|Margarine/Butter||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
2. While noodles are cooking, combine oregano, thyme, salt, nutmeg and pepper in small bowl; sprinkle over pork chops.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon margarine in large skillet until hot. Add pork chops and cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes per side or until pork is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
4. Cut apple in half; core and cut into slices. Add remaining 1 tablespoon margarine and apple to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in syrup, lemon juice, ginger and additional salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Serve pork chops and apple mixture over noodles. Garnish with fresh oregano leaves, if desired.