Ginger Pork Zucchini
|For gingered pork filling|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Minced pork||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the zucchini and cut them into 8 cm / 3 in pieces. With a small sharp knife hollow out the center by removing all the seeds, being careful not to pierce the skin.
2. Put the zucchini pieces in a pot of boiling water and cook them on high heat for 3 minutes. Drain them, run them under cold water and set them aside.
3. In a large frying pan melt the butter and saute the onion and garlic until golden in color. Do not brown them. Add the meat and cook the mixture over high heat for about 10 minutes or until the meat is completely cooked.
4. Drain on paper towels. Put the meat mixture in a food processor and add all other ingredients. Process until mixture is finely ground.
5. Carefully stuff the zucchini with the filling until firmly packed. Refrigerate them until ready to use. At serving time heat the stuffed pieces for 5-8 minutes in oven, preheated at 180° C / 350° F / Gas 4.