Mustard Glazed Pork
|Smoked boneless pork butt||2 Pound|
|Mcintosh apples||2 Large, halved, cored and cut into wedges|
|Zucchini||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 1-inch-thick slices (Use 4 Medium-Size Zucchini, 1 1/4 Pound In Total)|
|Onions||4 Medium, quartered|
|Currant jelly||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon-style mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°). Remove the netting from the pork butt.
2. Place the pork on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour water into the pan to a depth of 1/4 inch. Cover the pan tightly with a lid or alurninum foil.
3. Bake the pork in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for 1 hour.
4. Drain all but 1/4 inch liquid from the pan. Add the apples, zucchini and onion. Cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes.
5. To prepare the glaze, stir together the currant jelly and mustard in a small cup.
6. Uncover the roasting pan. Brush the pork, apples and vegetables with the glaze. Sprinkle the pork with the pepper and caraway seeds.
7. Bake the pork, uncovered, for another 10 minutes.
8. To serve, cut the pork into thin slices and arrange on a serving platter with the vegetables and apples.