Here is a easy version of Lechon Asado aka: Cuban Roast Pork. This version has only three ingredients, pork, mojo, and onions.
Pork butt/Whole picnic pork
2 Large, sliced
1. Rinse the pork and pat dry, salt & pepper well. Add the onions to a deep roasting pan, and place the pork (skin side up) over onions. Pour the mojo over the pork and onions. Cover and refrigerate over night.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 300*F
3. Roast the pork, “low and slow” for 4-5 hours. The pork will fall apart when done.
4. Remove the pork from the roasting pan. Take off as much as possible of the fat cap. Let the pork cool to the touch and shred into large chucks.
5. Strain the pan juices and transfer to a sauce pan. Place on stove and keep warm.
6. Place the pork on a serving try and pour the strained juices over the pork.
This video is a creation of JuanMontalvo. You can visit JuanMontalvo for complete recipes, and more videos.
Want to treat your family to a delightful Cuban delicacy? Then this is just the video for you. Watch and learn to cook the perfect Cuban pork roast, a meat dish so tender and juicy that no one would stop at just one serving! This recipe is simple and does not require any 'extra ordinary' ingredients. Watch the video and get ready to amaze everyone with your culinary skills!