Stuffed Pork Chops
|Pork chops||4 (1- To 1 1/2 Inches Thick)|
|Coarse dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped apples||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped raisins||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Have butcher cut a pocket in each pork chop.
2. Combine bread crumbs, apples, raisins, salt, sugar, onion, pepper, sage, and melted butter. Toss together lightly. Moisten slightly with a little water if stuffing is dry.
3. Fill pockets in pork chops with the mixture. Fasten openings together with toothpicks or skewers.
4. Dust pork chops lightly with flour. Melt fat in skillet over medium high heat. Place pork chops in skillet and brown well on both sides.
5. Add 1/4 cup water.
6. Cover skillet with vac-control valve closed and cook over low heat 1 1/2 hours or until pork chops are very tender. Add water in
small amounts during cooking period, if necessary. Turn chops once during cooking process.