Pork And Apple Hot Pot
|Pork loin chops||4 , each about 2.5 centimeter, 1inch|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cooking apple||8 Ounce, peeled, cored and thickly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, skinned and sliced|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and diced evenly (450 Gram)|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned and chopped|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
1. Remove the bones and any excess fat from the chops, roll each one into a neat round and secure with a wooden cocktail stick.
2. Put the butter into a deep ovenproof casserole and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until the butter melts, then add the apples, onion and potatoes and mix well. Cover the ingredients with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent, and microwave on HIGH for 6-8 minutes until the onion and potatoes begin to soften.
3. Place the chops on top of the vegetables and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes until the surface of the meat turns opaque.
4. Sprinkle the chopped tomatoes over the chops. Pour chicken stock into the casserole to come halfway up the sides of the vegetables. Cover the casserole with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for about 5 minutes until boiling, reduce the setting and microwave on LOW for 40 minutes until the chops are tender, turning them over halfway through cooking.
5. Skim off any excess fat and carefully remove the cocktail sticks from the chops. Season the hot-pot very well with salt and pepper, then cover and leave it to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1922 Calories from Fat 815
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141%
Saturated Fat 43.9 g219.4%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 441.9 mg147.3%
Sodium 659.1 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 167 g55.7%
Dietary Fiber 25.2 g100.6%
Sugars 53.9 g
Protein 117 g233.6%
Vitamin A 93.3% Vitamin C 283.7%
Calcium 28.4% Iron 49.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet