Roast Loin Of Pork With Prunes
|Loin of pork||3 Pound|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Prunes||9 Ounce (11/2 Cup)|
|Apple slice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Set out a roasting pan with a rack.
2. Have pork ready.
3. Rub meat with a mixture of salt
4. Place loin of pork on rack in roasting pan. Insert roast meat thermometer at top center of pork loin, being sure that bulb rests in center of the loin and not on bone or in fat.
5. Roast pork uncovered at 325 °F until internal temperature reaches 170°F. The total roasting time should be 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hrs. Allow 30 to 35 min. per pound.
6. Meanwhile, bring water to boiling in a large saucepan.
7. Add prunes.
8. Cover and simmer about 15 min., or until prunes are partially tender. Drain prunes and cut into halves. Remove and discard pits.
9. About 1/2 hr. before roast is done, arrange prunes around pork loin. Continue roasting for 1/2 hr.
10. Remove pork loin from oven; cool completely. Remove thermometer from meat.
11. When ready to serve for smorgasbord, slice the meat and arrange on a serving platter. Garnish with the prunes and apple slices.