Pork Loin with Black Walnut & Mustard Sauce
|Pork loin chops||4|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Black walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Hammonds)|
|Cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth/Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Brown sugar||1 Pinch|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Trim excess fat from pork loin.
2. Season the flour with salt and pepper and coat the chops.
3. Heat half of olive oil in sauté pan. Brown the chops on both sides; transfer to ovenproof dish.
4. Add remaining oil to pan. Add onions and cook over low heat until they soften and begin to brown.
5. Add garlic and Black Walnuts; cook additional 2 minutes.
6. Stir in any left over flour, then gradually stir in cider and broth. Season well.
7. Serve this with steamed rice for a hearty meal.
Calories 787 Calories from Fat 382
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.1%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 119.3 mg39.8%
Sodium 310 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.6%
Sugars 26.5 g
Protein 38 g76.2%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 106.6%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet