Pork Tenderloin Stuffed With Prunes
|Pork tenderloin||1 1⁄2 Pound (In One Piece)|
|Prunes||3 Ounce (12 Pieces)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Drippings||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Set out a large heavy skillet having a tight-fitting cover.
2. For Meat—Set out pork.
3. Trim off any excess fat. Using a sharp knife cut meat lengthwise about two-thirds through.
4. Set out prunes.
5. Using a sharp knife, remove pits from prunes. Arrange the prunes in the pork tenderloin and fasten with skewers.
6. Heat butter in the skillet.
7. Add the pork tenderloin and cook slowly, turning to brown all sides evenly. When meat is browned, sprinkle over it 1 teaspoon salt.
8. Cover and cook slowly about 1 1/2 hrs., or until meat is tender when pierced with a fork. During cooking add a small amount of water.
9. When meat is tender, remove to a heated platter and carefully remove skewers.
10. For Gravy Leaving brown residue in pan, pour drippings into a bowl.
11. Allow fat to rise to surface; skim off fat and reserve. Remaining drippings are meat juices which should be used as part of the liquid in making gravy.
12. Measure fat into roasting pan.
13. Blend in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.
14. Stirring constantly, heat until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat and slowly blend in milk and drippings, stirring constantly and vigorously.
15. Return to heat and cook rapidly, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Cook 1 to 2 min. While stirring, scrape bottom and sides of pan to blend in brown residue.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3609 Calories from Fat 2539
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 283 g435.2%
Saturated Fat 126.3 g631.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 780.9 mg260.3%
Sodium 3840.3 mg160%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 50.4 g
Protein 158 g316.6%
Vitamin A 43% Vitamin C 0.85%
Calcium 47.9% Iron 53.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet