Spiced Pork Tenderloin With Hazelnut Vinaigrette
|Chopped dried orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground sumac||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork tenderloin||3 Pound|
|Sweet potatoes||3 Pound, quartered|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Hazelnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Hazelnut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grapeseed oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. In a 2-gallon re-sealable plastic bag, combine the orange peel, smoked paprika, coriander and sumac. Add the pork tenderloin, seal the bag and turn to coat the meat thoroughly with the seasonings. Refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the rosemary; season with salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes, turning once, until tender and lightly browned, 40 minutes. Drizzle with the melted butter; keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Scrape most of the spices off the pork and season the meat with salt and pepper. Add the pork to the skillet and sear over moderately high heat, turning, until lightly browned all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast for about 20 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 135° Transfer the meat to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast until fragrant, about 12 minutes. Rub the hazelnuts together in a clean kitchen towel to remove the skins. Finely chop.
5. In a small bowl, mix the vinegar with the honey and the mustard. Whisk in the hazel nut and grape seed oils, stir in the hazelnuts and season with salt and pepper.
6. Slice the pork on the bias. Arrange the slices on a platter along with the sweet potatoes and rosemary sprigs. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5116 Calories from Fat 2514
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 283 g436%
Saturated Fat 48.6 g242.9%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 949.1 mg316.4%
Sodium 1870.4 mg77.9%
Total Carbohydrates 325 g108.3%
Dietary Fiber 57.5 g229.9%
Sugars 74.6 g
Protein 318 g636.4%
Vitamin A 3882.5% Vitamin C 104.7%
Calcium 74.2% Iron 158.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet