Pork & Apple Stir Fry
|Orange juice||120 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Minced fresh mint||10 Gram (1/4 Cup)|
|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Minced fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced or pressed|
|Boneless pork loin/Boneless pork shoulder/butt||1 Pound, trimmed of fat (455 Grams)|
|Red skinned apples||12 Ounce, cored and chopped (340 Grams, Such As Red Gravenstein Or Red Delicious)|
|Lemon juice||50 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Small, cut into thin wedges|
|Hot cooked rice||390 Gram (5 Cups)|
|Oranges||1 Medium, peeled, if desired, sliced crosswise|
1. To prepare teriyaki sauce, in a medium-size bowl, mix orange juice, minced mint, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic; set aside.
2. Slice pork across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick (3-mm-thick) strips about 2 inches (5 cm) long. Add pork to teriyaki sauce in bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or until next day. Mix apples with lemon juice; set aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok or wide frying pan over high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring, until soft (about 2 minutes). Add apples; cook, stirring, until hot (about 1 minute). Spoon mixture into a bowl and set aside.
4. With a slotted spoon, transfer pork to pan; reserve teriyaki sauce in bowl. Cook, stirring, until meat is lightly browned (about 2 minutes). Return apple mixture to pan, then add any remaining teriyaki sauce and bring to a boil, stirring.
5. Mound rice on a platter. Pour pork mixture over rice; garnish with orange slices and, if desired, mint sprigs.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1844 Calories from Fat 410
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.6%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 358.3 mg119.4%
Sodium 1228.9 mg51.2%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.7 g70.9%
Sugars 69.5 g
Protein 140 g279.7%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 326.7%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 61.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet