Roast Pork Loin With Saba
|Extra virgin olive oil||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Saba/Vincotto||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Loin pork||2 Pound|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Dry red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock/Low-sodium broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water|
1. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the olive oil with the thyme sprigs, rosemary sprigs, minced garlic, bay leaf and 2 tablespoons of the Saba. Add the pork loin and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning the pork in the marinade a few times.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° in a large ovenproof skillet; heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Remove the pork loin from the marinade; reserve the marinade. Season the pork all over with salt and pepper, add the meat to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until it is browned all over, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a plate.
3. Add the red wine to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the vegetable stock and the reserved marinade and bring to a boil. Add the pork, fat side up, and roast in the oven for about 50 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the loin registers 140°.
4. Transfer the pork to a rimmed baking sheet and let rest for 10 minutes. Strain the liquid from the skillet into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Add 1/4 cup of the Saba and stir in the cornstarch slurry. Simmer the sauce, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Preheat the broiler. Brush the top of the roast with 2 tablespoons of the Saba and broil for about 1 minute, or until glazed. Turn the roast, brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Saba and broil for 1 minute. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes. Carve the roast and serve with the sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3745 Calories from Fat 2351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 262 g403%
Saturated Fat 47 g234.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 520 mg173.3%
Sodium 2000.5 mg83.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 163 g325.5%
Vitamin A 21.2% Vitamin C 65.3%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 73.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet