Pork Asado or Asadong Baboy is a sweet pork dish that was introduced by the Chinese. Unlike Chicken Asado, which is its name counterpart, Pork Asado has contrasting ingredients and method of preparation.
1 1⁄2 Pound
Five spice powder
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1 Teaspoon, minced
Cooking rice wine
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Combine soy sauce, five spice powder, garlic, and salt then mix well.
2. Marinade the pork in the combined mixture for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat a cooking pot then put-in the pork along with the marinade and water then let boil.
4. Add brown sugar and stir to distribute evenly.
5. Simmer for about 40 minutes flipping the meat after 20 minutes or so to tenderize the other side.
6. Turn off the heat and remove the meat from the cooking pot.
7. Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes then slice.
8. Transfer to a serving plate and top with the thick sauce then serve.
9. Share and enjoy!