1. Heat a frying pan and pour 3/4 cups of cooking oil.
2. When the oil is hot enough, fry the sliced plantains until the color of each side turns medium to dark brown. Set aside.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of cooking oil in a separate cooking pot then apply heat.
4. When the oil is hot enough, put-in the garlic and sauté until the color turns light brown.
5. Add the cubed pork and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
6. Put-in the soy sauce, water, whole peppercorns, and dried bay leaves then bring to a boil. Simmer until pork is tender.
7. Add vinegar and wait for the liquid to re-boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add brown sugar and carrots. Stir then simmer for 10 minutes more.
9. Turn off the heat and transfer the contents of the cooking pot to a serving plate.
10. Garnish with fried bananas then serve.
11. Share and enjoy!