Poke holes on your pork with a fork.
- Add sea salt to pork butt. Rub around the pork.
- Place pork in crockpot.
- Add liquid smoke.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 7 to 71/2 hours.
- After it is cooked, remove pork from crockpot.
- Shred using 2 forks.
- If it is too dry, add some of the drippings from the crockpot – DO NOT add all drippings because it is too salty.
- If you wish, you can steam cabbage or cook the cabbage in the drippings and serve it under the cooked pork.
- Serve with steamed white rice.
Want to try a quick pork recipe that needs just three ingredients? In this video, chef Marie shows a simple to make Hawaiian Kalua Pork that needs a 6 pound pork roast, sea salt and liquid smoke. It takes about 8 hours of cooking but the wait seems to be worth. One can even leave the pork for cooking in the morning before going to office and when you are at home a delicious dish will be waiting for you.