Pork Escalopes With Prunes
|White wine||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Flour||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Red currant jelly||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|15% cream||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
– In a bowl, soak prunes in wine overnight.
– Preheat oven to 275 °F (130 °C).
– Dredge pork with flour.
– In a skillet, melt butter, sear pork over high heat and season with salt and pepper, then cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove meat from skillet and keep warm.
– In a saucepan, bring wine and prunes to a boil and simmer over low heat for approximately 30 minutes, then drain prunes and set aside.
– Reduce liquid by half, add red currant jelly, lower the heat, then pour cream over mixture and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring without letting the sauce boil.
– Pour sauce over pork. Garnish with prunes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3822 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 511.3 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 750 g249.9%
Dietary Fiber 60.5 g242%
Sugars 245.1 g
Protein 142 g284.6%
Vitamin A 205% Vitamin C 39.5%
Calcium 41.7% Iron 50.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet