Cranberry Glazed Pork Rack
|Loin of pork||2 Kilogram (with bone)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (80 ml)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (80 ml)|
|Vinegar||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Water||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 ml)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 ml)|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (500 ml)|
– Preheat oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
– Place loin of pork in an oven-proof dish, fatty side up and sear in oven.
– Reduce oven temperature to 350 °F (180 °C) and cook for 15 minutes per pound.
– In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, water and spices, bring to a boil. Add cranberries, let simmer for 15 minutes then pour through sieve for a smooth sauce.
– Baste loin of pork with sauce. Increase oven temperature to 425 °F (220 °C), cook for 15 minutes and baste from time to time.
– Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes, then carve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4014 Calories from Fat 1508
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 167 g257.3%
Saturated Fat 55.3 g276.5%
Trans Fat 1.4 g
Cholesterol 1279.8 mg426.6%
Sodium 990.2 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 179 g59.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.8%
Sugars 138 g
Protein 428 g855.7%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 50.5%
Calcium 41.2% Iron 92.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet