Tasty Stir-Fry Pork
|Green bell pepper||2 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Distilled white vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon, dissolved in 1 teaspoon water|
|Water||1 Teaspoon (For Dissolving The Cornstarch)|
|Green bell peppers||2 Medium, sliced|
|Carrots||4 , sliced|
|Chopped peeled ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Pork tenderloin||1 Pound, trimmed of silver skin|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White distilled vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon (Dissolved In Tsp Water)|
|Vegetable cooking||4 Tablespoon (For Cooking)|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cut the pork crosswise into slices about 1/4-inch-thick and then cut the slices into thin strips.
2) Put the pork into a bowl and toss with the cornstarch to coat the strips. Stir in the salt, dry sherry, and vegetable oil, and mix well.
3) In a bowl, prepare the sweet-sour sauce by mixing the sugar, salt, vinegar, soy sauce, sherry, ketchup, and dissolved cornstarch together.
4) Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Saute the the peppers and carrots in the heated oil. Stir well and add the ginger and garlic. Stir and cook about 1 minute.
5) Stir in the pork and continue cooking until the pork is cooked through for about 4-5 minutes.
6) Pour in the sauce, stir a few times until the sauce thickens, and the stir-fry is done. Turn into a serving dish and serve with hot cooked rice.
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.7 mg24.6%
Sodium 1184.4 mg49.3%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.3%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 30 g60.4%
Vitamin A 215% Vitamin C 209.9%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet