Grilled Pork Loin Salad
|Pork loin||3⁄4 Pound|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, quartered with ends trimmed off|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced crosswise into 1/3 inch pieces|
|Mesclun greens||4 Ounce|
|Prosciutto slices||2 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the dressing|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Shallots||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaf||1 Large|
|Greek oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
1. Preheat the grill or grill pan for the pork.
2. In a plate, place the pork and season it with olive oil, salt and pepper. Rub it well.
3. Once the grill or grill pan is hot, place the seasoned pork onto the grates and let it grill for 15 minutes.
4. In a bowl, add the asparagus, tomatoes and onions. Coat it well with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place them on the grill or grill pan. Let the vegetables grill for about 5 minutes or until light golden brown.
5. For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, add and combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, shallots, oregano and basil. Whisk until well incorporated and season it with salt and pepper. Mix well.
6. Take another bowl and divide the dressing mixture into the two bowls.
7. Take one bowl, add the salad greens, prosciutto and toss well in the dressing.
8. Once the pork is grilled, transfer it onto a chopping board and slice it into thin pieces. Set aside.
9. In a serving plate, place the mesclun greens marinated in the vinaigrette and spoon the grilled vegetables over the greens and at the side of the plate. Place the sliced grilled pork onto the vegetables and serve drizzled with some of the liquid dressing.