Harvest Pork Chops
|Shredded carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple||1 Small, cored and chopped|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fine Crumbs)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Onion soup mix||1 (1 Pouch Onion Soup and Recipe Mix)|
|Pork loin chops||4 , each cut 1 inch thick (Loin Rib Chops)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1 .To make filling: In medium bowl, stir together carrots, apple, bread crumbs, thyme and 2 tablespoons of the soup mix; mix well.
2. With knife, trim and discard excess fat from edges of pork chops. Make a pocket in each chop by cutting horizontally through each chop almost to the bone. Stuff filling into pockets; secure with toothpicks if needed.
3. In 10-inch ovensafe skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork chops in oil until browned on both sides,
4. Cover skillet; bake at 350 F. 45 minutes or until chops are fork-tender. Transfer chops to serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from liquid in skillet.
5. In small bowl, whisk water into flour until smooth; stir into iskillet along with apple juice and remaining soup mix. Over medium-high heat, heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
6. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over pork chops.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1313 Calories from Fat 515
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.5%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.2%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 312.7 mg104.2%
Sodium 3585.4 mg149.4%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.5%
Sugars 36.8 g
Protein 102 g203.5%
Vitamin A 507.8% Vitamin C 25.8%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 40%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet