Deep Fried Pork Simmered First
|Rolled pork loin||1|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet and pungent sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Wipe pork with a damp cloth. Slice ginger root and crush the garlic.
2. Boil water. Add ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Add pork. Bring to a boil again; then simmer, covered, until tender (about 1 1/2 hours).
3. Drain pork, reserving liquid for stock. Let pork cool, then dry thoroughly and cut in 1 inch cubes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the sweet and pungent sauce Heat oil for deep frying.
5. Beat egg. Dip pork in egg, then sprinkle with cornstarch. Deep fry until golden (about 2 minutes) and drain on paper toweling